Thursday, August 9, 2012

Mary Kay Changed My Life


Her name was Kat and she changed my life.  It started off with a few samples of the Botanical Line from Mary Kay.  I was terrified to try them in fear I would completely break out in hives. First I tried the Microderm Abrasion.  I have NEVER been able to do Micros without suffering for DAYS afterward.  My skin is so hyper sensitive. After I rinsed off, I used the Botanical line.  I hopped in bed and waited to see the aftermath in the morning.  As soon as my alarm went off I ran into the bathroom to see the damage.  I see nothing. I move in closer to the mirror, still nothing.  Completely amazed I begin to rub my face in amazement at how soft and silky my face felt. 
At that very moment I knew that I could not just be a happy Mary Kay customer.  If these products did this for MY skin, I knew that it would help many others out there that suffer from extremely sensitive skin.  Those people, like me, who dreaded trying a new cosmetic or cleanser for fear of not wanting to go out in public for days afterward.  Not to mention the incredible burning associated with the break out.
So I met Kat at a local coffee shop down the street.  She came walking in the door in a pair of jeans and cute little pumps with an immense smile on her face and this adorable little name tag and pin that said "Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant"  I wanted one of those pins.  We discussed what the cost would be, how the meetings were set up, where the directors were located, etc.  She convinced me to go the a local meeting the next night for a facial. 
The following day I decided this was it.  I was going to do it.  I signed the agreement, built my website, ordered my business set, and signed up for Propay all before the meeting.  I have to admit I was nervous.  I was an introvert and very much a socially awkward person.  When I walked in everyone was so sweet. I was called up and given a rose and I was "pinned" a new Consultant.  It has been 4 weeks now and I haven't looked back.  Those little sample packages changed my life forever.  So did a woman named Kat. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I look forward to hearing from you.