Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sound the Alarms!!



I am so ready to push this button right about now.  Tomorrow I leave for Yakima to spend the weekend with a group of women I do not know for some bonding and Mary Kay time.  As I said previously, I tend to get anxiety since I am a socially awkward person.  Plus I have the drive over the mountains, through the burning fires of Cle Ellum (you thought I was going to say through the woods didn't you?) to a small town that I vaguely remember going to when I was in Jr. High to watch a car show. 

Its amazing how the brain will play games with you. What if you forget something, what if something happens to your family and loved ones back home while you are gone, what if nobody likes you, what if you get into a car accident and nobody finds you off some side of the mountain?  It seems childish but when you have anxiety these are the sorts of questions that go through your brain.  Oddly enough, Mary Kay has actually eased some of these fears.  I am learning to adapt and face my fears head on. 

Maybe it was because my recruiter only went to one meeting with me then I was on my own. I didn't know anyone, didn't know anything about the business, just kinda went blindly and learned to enjoy the ride.  That actually may have strengthened me.  Or maybe I was meant to do this?  Not to mention every opportunity I get, I  listen to CD's or watch DVD's of successful National Sales Directors that get you motivated with your business and also teaches you what you could do that you haven't started or even how to improve upon what works for you.  If you don't know the name Gloria Mayfield Banks . . . LEARN IT QUICKLY!!

I am almost finished packing . . . I am sure there are some last minute things I will remember as the day goes on. Just to be sure I don't leave anything behind I am going to be living out of my suitcase today.  And just think . .  In October I get to do this all again when I go with the Supergirls Unit to Fall Advance in Oceanshores, Washington (on the Coast) led by Cindy Towne!! 

I am bringing my computer with me in case I need to handle some customer orders and to keep up with my social media, friends, and family.  Will also probably bring me some comfort and sense of normalcy.

Don't hit the pink button!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I look forward to hearing from you.